Lucas Keiffer manages technology support for members of the Advent Coworking space in Charlotte. He recently discussed best tech practices for non-profit organizations, small businesses, and new members of coworking spaces.
1. Ensure you have a fast, reliable internet connection.
2. Tap into tech expertise within the coworking space.
There’s always this kind of built-in expertise when you have a community of people who are working together in a co-working place. So I’ve seen a lot of instances where people are having trouble with their website, and there’s a web developer at the table next door. If it’s usually just a quick fix they don’t mind giving you a verbal how to.
3. Install antivirus and use two-factor authentication.
4. Have a backup solution in place.
5. Two great apps for non-profits and small businesses.
Basic stuff like that will really help you out in the long run.