How do I connect my IPhone to a Windows Computer?
In this tutorial, you will learn:
• why syncing files is important
• how to use your charging cable
• how to connect your iPhone device to your Windows computer
• how to navigate sync options
• how to automatically sync your files to your computer
Sometimes it is necessary to move files from your phone to your computer, but the user needs a more streamlined, easier process than emailing the files to themselves. Although most files saved to the phone may be synced to the computer, most people typically transfer music, photos, and videos from their phones to their computers. It is also possible to sync files on the computer to your phone. People typically download music, photos, and documents from their computers to their phones.
Although there are many ways to sync your Android device with a Windows computer, the simplest way would be to physically connect the phone to the computer via USB cable. This cable is the same one that you use to charge your phone.
1. Connect your iPhone to your computer using your USB cord.
2. To Sync media onto your computer automatically select the option that says “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected”.
3. The iTunes main screen will appear. Next, select the media that you want to sync at the top bar of the screen (music, apps, photos, videos).
4. Select the sync option, and select the items that you want to sync automatically every time that you connect your iPhone. The bar at the bottom of the window shows how much space that will remain on your iPhone after you sync it.
5. When you have selected all of the items that you want to sync, click “Apply”.
Note: If you delete an item from your iTunes library, the item will be deleted from your iPhone the next time that you sync it to the computer.
Download this PDF file if you would like a printed version of this tutorial.