The Knight School of Communication at Queens is conducting a workshop in e-newsletters for Charlotte neighborhoods and communities on Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015, at the Beatties Ford Regional Library.
If you’re still creating paper newsletters and distributing them door-to-door, you’ll benefit from this workshop. You will learn the basics of content creation, including story development and free resources; use email newsletter creation tools, available online for free or nearly free; create a draft of your first email newsletter — which can be circulated by email, printed on paper, or re-purposed for a neighborhood website.
The program is designed for residents and leaders of Charlotte neighborhoods and communities, supporting their work to create dialogue and constructive communication.
What to bring:
- A community email address that you use for neighborhood communication–not your personal email
- A digital photo of your neighborhood you may want to use in your newsletter. This can be a jpeg photo saved on a flash drive or sent by email.
- A draft of a newsletter or past newsletters
- You can also create an account at www.mailchimp.com and preview the website before the workshop
- Visit Digital Charlotte for Neighborhood Communication Toolkit resources–digitalcharlotte.org
Time, Location and Registration Information
10 a.m. – Noon, Saturday, February 7, 2015
Beatties Ford Regional Library
2412 Beatties Ford Road
From a fall 2014 workshop. The Knight School of Communication at Queens is conducting a workshop in e-newsletters for Charlotte neighborhoods on Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015, at the Beatties Ford Regional Library.